Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Classical Bouquet




I was asked to paint this classical genre in my own way. I will paint it twice, one with the traditional dark, or black background, and one with a background of my own liking. The problem is obviously the speed with which I have to paint. The flowers are gone quickly, but this truly awesome photo of the bouquet was made by Gneomar van Nispen. I put a whole day into arranging them and getting this particular lighting, that is very different in the front and the back of the bouquet. The painting is only half finished and I've set up a new set of flowers to continue with. They are not the same as the first, so the painting will have just some flowers in common with the photograph. Tulip season is over....Fortunately I had already painted those.

No comments: